October 3, 2011

The Final Days

Saturday meant day THREE of birthday celebrations. This day was dediated to a lot of delicious foodies and a lot of time together. 

We started out with sleeping in. Eric hardly ever gets to do this, so he took full advantage! 

After being lazy all morning, we headed into Brooklyn to visit the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. According to the internet, the gardens are free on Saturday afternoon. Just our luck...they were $15 a pop because some "chili pepper fiesta" was happening. seriously? really?

So instead we wondered our way through Prospect Park, which is basically the little sister of Central Park. It's always nice to escape the concrete city.














Eric likes parks, but he doesn't looovve them. Apparently they make him tired.
Some would call that...um...oh yeah "whimpie".
But that's ok...we all have our whimpie moments.

So we stayed until I wore him out and then we headed back to Brooklyn Heights for some lunch at our fav "Happy Days" Diner.






















That night we headed into the East Village in Manhattan where we had the most delicious steak I have EVER had for dinner!
Oh it makes my mouth water just thinking about it {Yelp was right for giving the "Brindle Room" 4 solid stars}
It's a teeny tiny place that is a little more on the pricier side, so prepare for a tight squeeze and a larger bill if you ever visit. But I must say the Rib Eye for Two was worth it all! {Plus you're allowed to splurge on your birthday!}

Rib Eye for Two--Israeli Couscous--French Fries

We followed up dinner with some cupcakes from the quaint little place called Butter Lane Cupcakes.
I don't especially love cupcakes...but I LOOVVEEDD these! They were super dense and moist. No crumbling here peeps. Just pure yumminess!
I got the chocolate cake with cinnamon honey frosting. Eric got the banana cake with sea salt chocolate frosting. Both were A-MAZ-ING!




















We ended the night with full tummies and a happy birthday girl!

Sunday was my REAL birthday and day FOUR of celebrations!

We basically laid low while watching General Conference and hearing the leaders of our Church speak. It was awesome.

I also got to open my birthday gifts! My parents sent me a card and some monies to enjoy in the city!
Eric made me play "Birthday Hang Man Jeopardy" where he asked me questions and if I got the question right I guessed a letter until I filled in the phrase which told me my birthday gift...


A NEW SEWING MACHINE!
I'm in love...
I know what you are thinking..."typical"
Get married. Become a wife. Get a sewing machine.

Well I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Thank you everyone for all the kind fb birthday wishes, phone calls, and texts. It always feels good knowing you are loved!

Love Always,
The Birthday Girl
{Mrs. Smith}

No comments:

Post a Comment